Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Look what the mailman brought


Well not exactly but the mailman did bring a piece of this card. The larger Spellbinders Nesties label four diecut was cut from a brochure that came in my mail. I don't even know what it was an advertisement for but I loved the colors immediately. The bronzey sage color is pearlescent which makes it even more luscious. The minute I saw it I knew it was a keeper and I would be able to reuse it to make something beautiful. So what do you think? I looked through my stash of paper and found the perfect match. It is the Hannah 6x6 pad from the K-Ology line of K&Company. I also used my MS and fiskars border punches. The ribbon is actually cream but this photo makes it looks more white than the smaller nesties.

The sentiment is from SU Friendly Words jumbo wheel. How on earth did she get just that sentiment from a wheel do you say? I saw this on someones blog and I apologize for not being able to remember whose, but what they did was take the rubber off the wheel and strategically cut out all the sentiments. By doing this I was able to get 12 new sentiments and 2 emblems. Not bad for $8.50. I did have to mount it onto cling foam but I already had some. I will never look at the wheels the same way again. I really enjoy being able to look at something in a different way and find a different use for it. Although this may be considered gift it can also be considered a downfall as I tend to save way more than I need. I have to learn to draw the line at some point.

This was a beautiful holiday weekend and my flowers are all in and my pots are planted. We cooked out all weekend as the weather was nice and sunny and I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy the outdoors. We have a private wooded backyard that offers home to a fair amount of wildlife. We have birds galore. I haven't seen the turkeys lately and it has been awhile since I have spotted any deer. This winter I caught two red fox running in and out of the yard. Not bad for living in the city limits. To me it is the best of both worlds. I'm not a big city girl, but I'm not much of a country girl either. Well I have to go, I still have a few projects I want to finish before I head back to work tomorrow. Luckily it is supposed to rain this afternoon so I can get them accomplished by staying indoors.
Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment