Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tattered Floral Flowers



 Mother Nature is teasing us here in Michigan this past week. It has been in the 70's which is unseasonably wrong. I'm not saying I don't enjoy it but I am fearing she is playing with us and will slap us upside the head with our usual weather. You all know how much I love the sun and warm weather so this would be the perfect way to "get my goat". LOL like she is only out to get me.

To play along with her, I thought I would make a card that represents summer. I used Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals to make my flowers with my Big Shot. Then I sprayed them with Turquoise Blue and Suede Glimmer Mist. I have the older bottles and I keep my fingers crossed every time I use them, hoping that they aren't plugged up.

I used Stampin' Up Soft Suede card stock and for the life of me I don't remember who makes the DS paper I used because it was a scrap piece. The border was created with the MS deep edge punch called Floral Vine. The verse is from River City Rubber Works on a Spellbinders Label Eleven. The butterflies are from a MS punch as well. The leaves were created from with a Sizzix Sizzlits and then some Peacock seam binding and teal rhinestones tied it all together.

Below is a close up of the flowers so you can get a better view of the metallic in the Glimmer Mist. The flowers are very easy to make. I used two layers of each size. On the large flower the outer  petals were curled under with a wooden skewer after they were sprayed. The spray really firms up the petals


I am getting ready to make my flight reservations for my trip to Florida the end of April. This warm weather is certainly getting me excited. I just hope it is still nice when I get back. I really don't want to come back to cold weather. Every time I talk to Carol she tells me how nice it is sitting by the pool in 85 degree sunshine- I can't wait!

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment