Monday, August 27, 2012

Apothecary Art


Well it's almost here. Labor day is just around the corner. In protest I plan to wear white well into September. I know, I am such a rebel. Anyway I really can't believe August is almost over. I am beginning to think I need to live somewhere that doesn't have snow. I don't mind the cold as much as I miss all the summer colors in the dead of winter. I love color and the white just doesn't cut it for me for the length of time we have it. And as I type, there is a hummingbird right outside my window at some phlox. She even came closer to the window to take a peek inside. If that isn't a reason to love summer.

So onto color. Today's card is all Stampin' Up. The colors are Soft Suede, Poppy Parade and Baja Breeze (in the picture the Baja Breeze looks more like a light blue- sorry about that). I used the new die cuts called Labels Collection Framelits. They are much like the Spellbinders but you can't emboss an edge with the framelits. The stamp set- Apothecary Art, was designed to fit these framelits. Way to go Stampin' Up for offering these! The butterfly is from the set Creative Elements and the seam binding is Baja Breeze. The DS paper is also from SU but I can't remember the name. I got it during celebration this past year.





Even though I complain about winter, I do tend to spend more time in my stamping studio during the winter months. I guess that is my creative time of year. On a beautiful summer day I love being outside too much to be inside crafting. I am getting antsy though to do some more altered art. I have been hording away all kinds of little do-dads. We will see what fall brings.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment