Saturday, September 14, 2013

White Lattice



I found something as great as sliced bread. These lattice diecuts from the David Tutera line at JoAnn's. They came in a package with the same design in kraft. I was able to make this card in less than 30 minutes. I used light blue pearlized tectured card stock for a different look. The flowers are from one of the dollar stores, which was another great find. The white tag was punched out using the new SU Bracket Punch and layered on a SU Night of Navy tag cut from Spellbinders Labels Nine. The sentiment is from a retired SU set. I really liked the cleaness of this card. I think when you use white, it has a tendency to create that look.


 
 
I got a phone call this evening from my friend who is in Florida right now and she called me because they are having the lightening storm of the century. She knows how much I love lightening and yes I would have loved to have been there. I can't tell you how many times we have been predicted to have storms and we get nothing but a few drops of rain. Bums me out every time. I think I must have been a "weather chaser" in a previous life.
 
The nights are starting to get cooler and I am looking forward to all that Fall brings. Sure there are several things about Summer that I will miss, but as one season ends, it brings on a welcomed change. I even look forward to winter for the coziness in the house and the beauty of falling snow. Call me crazy! Some days I think I might just be that. This week I looked out into the backyard and there were 11 turkeys and then all of a sudden a red fox came running across the tree line and one of the turkeys flew up into a tree. Is that natural for a turkey to fly up into a tree? Now I know being chased by a fox will make them run for their lives but really- flying up into a tree. And what is even crazier is that I live in a subdivision. I guess these are the things that keep life interesting.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment