Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pretty and Pink


 
Had a great stamping party last weekend. It is always so much fun to get together with these girls and a good excuse to eat some chocolate in any form. Since it was Sale-a-Bration everyone went home with some freebies including this card they made for a make-n-take. They had their choice of Wisteria Wonder polka-dot designer paper or this fan pattern which is in the Subtles Color Collection Designer Paper Stack from Stampin' Up. The pink tag was made with the new Scalloped Tag Topper punch and then embossed with the Stripes embossing folder. I rounded off the corners and added a different twist on the ribbon. Rather than knotting it, I tied it with a piece of twine for added texture. The flowers were made with the Petite Petals stamp set and punched out with the coordinating Petite Petals punch in Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate ink. This can be purchased as a bundled set out of the current mini catalog. Love it when you get what you can get both and save a few dollars to buy something else. The Scallop Tag punch can also be found in the same mini catalog. The bird is from the Polka-Dot Pieces stamp set and punched out with the Bird Builder punch and stamped in Melon Mambo. The sentiment is from the Label Something stamp set and also stamped in Melon Mambo. I used the coordinating Artisan Label punch to punch it out. For the faux ribbon I used Smokey Slate card stock and punched it out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.
 
 
 
 
I have been working on my youngest son's room with mixed emotions. Even though he hasn't lived at home the last few years of college, I still felt he hadn't completely left since he still had quite a bit of stuff in his room. Now that he has finished college and has a great job, it has set it that he is never coming back home to live. My baby has really left the nest and I am feeling kind of sad about that- proud but sad. I am very proud of all three of my children because they are doing what they love but there is something about the last one that just tugs at your heart. I didn't clean out his dressers but there were some totes and other items stored in the corner waiting for him to take back to school. Obviously they are filled with items he feels he can live without so I moved them to the basement. I want to get the room is shape because my brother, his wife and the twins are coming over for a long weekend. The girls will just have turned two and we are excited to have them. Getting the room ready for a happy occasion helped.
 
I can actually see grass outside the window as I am typing. The sun is shinning and I if don't look too far to the right and see the patch of snow that is still on the ground, I might be able to fool myself into thinking summer is almost here. If only it were so!
 
~ have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment