Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The same but a little different

Happy 6th of July! Since I didn't make any Fourth of July cards this year, I waited until I could post something that wasn't patriotic. I have been busy prodding Elliot to put away all the things he brought home from college and decided the spare bedroom was the perfect dumping ground. I couldn't even find the bed when I walked into the room and his room wasn't much better. It is amazing the difference between boys and girls when it comes to organization. Luckily we had family coming home so it had to get done.

This card is using the same color scheme as my last post but still a bit different. I found the white flower applique in my stash and decided this was a perfect card for it. I punched out the bird from my favorite Stampin' Up punch. I love how the wing can be a different color to pull in the designer paper. The border is a Martha Stewart punch-scroll lace. This card was for the birthday of one of my stamping buddies who had just celebrated her big day.



For all of you that live down south, you may not have much sympathy for me but it has been in the 90's here since the 4th and expected to be even hotter tomorrow. My favorite two letters these days are A & C. Our typical temperatures are in the low 80's so this takes a lot out of us. My daughter Becky and her husband came home from Raleigh N.C. for the holiday and she said this heat was nothing. Becky isn't one to sit still so whenever she comes home there are always some projects that get taken care of. This visit it was to clean out the garage and some transplanting in the gardens. I love her energy because it encourages me to get up and get things done that desperately need attention but boy it sure wears me out and the hot weather didn't help. Needless to say that after doing some gardening very early this morning, I am pooped. A nice cold shower this afternoon and a nap didn't even seem to pep me up. It's back to work for me tomorrow and maybe some less manual labor- something I can handle.

Here's hoping a good nights sleep rejuvenates me and my creativity. I have a ton of new products sitting on my desk just begging to be used.
Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment