Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mon Amie



Today's card is out of the box for me in regards to color. These aren't two colors that I would normally put together but it worked. I used a color from SU which is no longer available but I still had a good stash of it. It is called Groovy Guava. The embossing folder is from Darice called Journal Flourish and I used it upside down- or maybe not. Who is to say which is the right way. Anyway, I used Spellbinders Label 10 and Fancy Tags 2. The sentiment Fancy Phrases and the Label 10 border is from Waltzingmouse Stamps. She has quite a few borders for several of the Spellbinders Labels. You can check her out by simply clicking the hyperlink. It will take you right to her online store.




I added a row of laced rosettes to the bottom. This was a great find in the clearance isle at Hobby Lobby although I had to buy the entire bolt. I also added a few black pearls.

The weather has cooled down a bit here in Michigan. I am sure there aren't too many people complaining as we have had an abnormally hot summer. We started working on a path from the driveway around to the back patio. I wanted something informal as you walk past the gardens so I went with an irregular stone that is meant to interlock but I am putting a one inch gap between them. It's not a very wide path, in fact it is only 36 inches. Just enough to lure you back but not enough to obstruct the lawn. Hopefully one day there will be moss between the stones. I had seen on an episode on Martha Stewart where she used yogurt to get moss to start growing on pots to make them look old. I might just have to paint the edges of the stones with the yogurt. First we have to finish laying the stones so I better get out there and start working.


~ Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment