Thursday, July 4, 2013

Paper doll


I didn't think this would be my kind of stamping but it was rather fun. It is called paper piecing and these Prima doll stamps designed by Julie Nutting are perfect for it. I couldn't fine a name for this stamp. I will just call her "Sally". I stamped the doll onto pink paper so I wouldn't have to color her skin. I have seen her body stamped onto word/text paper which gives a whole different look. Next I stamped her onto the paisley paper for her dress and then cut it out. I then stamped her one more time onto green paper for her pockets and headband. I did add some glossy accents to her shoes to make them look like patent leather but it isn't showing up in the picture. The border is from Spellbinders and the ribbon is from SU.

I wasn't that crazy about her not having a face so I drew some eyelashes and gave her some rosey cheeks. OMG- I just noticed that I forgot to color her bangs. I colored the rest of her hair with a Copic marker E37. Luckily I haven't sent this card out yet so I can go back and finish her bangs. Sometimes I wonder how I make it through the day.





 
 
This weekend I want to try a few more of these cards. I only have this one stamp but the nice thing is you can get her to look so different just by the different paper you use. I guess there are several samples on Pinterest so I will have to take a peak. I've heard they even put leggings on her which is a very cute idea.

Found some super buys on Sizzix this morning. I only went there because I received an email of their big sale and wanted to see what was new. Every die and embossing folder that came out before 2013 is 75% off with the code from their site. I can't wait for that package to arrive. I picked out several of Tim Holtz's dies, a few embossing folders and a few other odds and ends that I couldn't live without. It took a long time for the order to process (25 minutes and it says not to hit the back button). After waiting an unreasonably amount of time I ended the process and re-entered only to get two confirmation emails that my "orders" were confirmed. Great! I better make a phone call tomorrow because I don't need two of everything I ordered.

~Have fun and enjoy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment