Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas


 Ok I am surprised no one has called the blogger police on me yet and if they did, I well deserved it. I had every intention of posting just before Christmas but I ran into some technical difficulties. Well at least I didn't. My son Elliot is the photographer in the family and while I was busy in the kitchen for 3 whole days making Christmas cookies, I asked him if he would go into my stamping studio and take some pictures of my Christmas cards so I could post them on my blog. I use a small photo tent and had added a different type of lighting over the top a few months back. He was horrified at the lighting and decided to take pictures of my cards with our Christmas tree in the background. He didn't like the daylight so he wanted to wait until the evening to get the right picture of the tree lights. The evening came and went as did he, four days later and I still didn't have any pictures of my cards.

My father left on Friday and my daughter left this morning so I headed up to my studio and took the photos myself using my photo tent. Now I know why some of the colors in my photos didn't look like the real color. I may have to look into some larger photo lights on eBay.

I made several different designs this year, but these are the only two that I got pictures of before they all got sent out. I was actually pretty proud of myself because I had my cards made and mailed 2 weeks before Christmas. The tree has been up since Thanksgiving and I had the cookies finished 3 days earlier this year. It was nice that we had some treats to eat a few days before Christmas. I sent everyone home with their favorites and a plate over to two of my best pals.

The navy card is a 5x7 and the red is 4x51/2. I used Spellbinders Opulent Ovals and the other dies are from Memorybox. The corners are stickers as is the Seasons Greetings on the red card.





 
No new stamping items for Christmas this year. I think I have all I need for quite some time. Now that the holidays are over I can waste away the winter weekends in my studio. I did have a really relaxing time the day I made the Christmas cards. It was snowing pretty heavy here and the snow was really piling up on the skylights in my studio. I lit a Woodwick candle and put on some Christmas music while I created like an elf for an entire day. It was like a little piece of heaven- listening to the crackle of the candle, the music and watching the snow fall. I love that I can create such wonderful experiences in my own home and it hardly costs me anything. Maybe it's just the fact of getting older and we learn to appreciate the simple things in life.
 
~have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment