Sunday, January 19, 2014

A bit of fancy


 

 
 
A bit of fancy for today's card with pearlized platinum and black. I put the Fancy Lattice from Spellbinders behind the 5x7 Elegant Labels 4. You have to trim the lattice at the corners so it doesn't show. I then cut out two panels from Decorative Labels 28 and layered the platinum one on top of the black. The white doily is an adhesive doily that is pre-cut from Martha Stewart. There are a variety of sizes and designs in the package. I stamped a Just Rite stamp for the sentiment and circle around it. I added black pearls around the sentiment and a few other places. You can see it a bit better in the photo below.
 

Now that the house is back in shape after the holidays, I was able to spend the entire day yesterday in my studio. Believe it or not I have all my Valentine's Day cards made. No one is more surprised than me. I only had to make fifteen but I made a few different styles so it took me a little longer. I have a stamping party coming up the end of February and I still have to make some samples so I wanted to make sure the Valentines got done first. I had no plans on leaving the house this weekend due to the frigid cold we are experiencing again. The DH made a fantastic batch of chili last night and we ate while watching the deer outside in the backyard. I was glad I wasn't the one outside foraging for my dinner. I think this is the perfect weekend to book my tickets to Florida. May can't come soon enough for me.
 
 
~have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment