Thursday, October 2, 2014

A little bird's nest


 
 
 It's Friday eve and one of my most favorite nights of the week. I thought I would get a post in before my favorite TV shows start. My weekend will be spent in my stamping studio making sample cards with some of the new Stampin' Up Christmas stamps. Later this month I will be teaching a class on altered Altoids tins at our stamp club so I need to make some samples for that as well.

This is a card that is all Stampin' Up and was very fun to make. I especially liked the nest which I used twine to make it look more realistic and to give the card more texture. I started out by embossing the Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with the Framed Tulips embossing folder. I cut the designer paper to fit just inside the embossed frame. The border was created with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch on Strawberry Slush card stock and the I layered pearls over the top. The stamp set for the nest and branch is from the Take Care set and the flowers are the Petite Petals Mini set punched out with the Petite Petals mini punch. I used twine to make the nest more realistic. The sentiment is also from the Take Care set and I punched that out with the Ticket Duo punch. The ink is Melon Mambo. For some reason the Strawberry Slush ink seems more red to me than the paper so I went with the Melon Mambo.



 
 
Well Grey's Anatomy is ready to start to I gotta run. My ultimate favorite show is Scandal and comes on right after Grey's, which I am so glad has moved up an hour. At least I stand a chance of not looking so bad on Friday mornings now that I can get that extra hour of sleep. At least that was my excuse.
 
~have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment