Saturday, January 14, 2012

A bit of Winter

I thought this card would be appropriate today because it looks like our snow might be here to stay. Mind you it is only an inch or two, but it is mid January and I live in Michigan. I just hope Mother Nature isn't planning on delivering it all in March. That would certainly make for a very long winter, and I'm not a winter person. I know, then what in the heck am I doing in Michigan. I ask myself that a lot.

I made this card back in November when I got my Grand Calibur. It is made using the second to the largest Label 4 and then folded in half. I chose navy card stock for the base since the tree is a pale blue. I know it looks black in the picture. I certainly am going to have to invest in some new lights for my photo tent. I used the next smaller die and cut it half before I ran it through the Cuttlebug with a Sizzix embossing folder. The tree is actually one of the "Dress It Up" buttons with the shank cut off. I do not own the scallop oval die that it sits in but it is one of the navy blue ones and I think it might be from Marianne. I also use a MS edge punch for the doily band across the front. The picture below shows a better image of how I raised the tree to give it dimension. I absolutely love this shape for a card. I think it gives a touch of elegance even before it gets decorated.




I am sure everyone is waiting for CHA to arrive. It always means a bunch of new goodies goes out on the market for us to agonize over what to buy first. I must say, I have been very good on the shopping. Seeing exactly what I have after moving my studio and the cost of my new room, I find myself saying "I really don't need that". I almost feel a bit guilty having such a lavish room all to myself, but then I remember the phrase; "When mama is happy- everyone is happy". Here's to a happy weekend.


~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment