Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kindness Matters

Wow, I can't believe it has been a month since I last posted. I honestly have only been on the computer a half dozen times since then and that was to do some Christmas ordering. I kinda got lost with Christmas decorating and my new stamp studio. The kids were home for Christmas and as I had mentioned before, the timing of the new studio was not ideal. I did manage to get 95% of my things moved in. It was enough that I could set up the spare bedroom in my old place so the kids had somewhere to sleep. Moving Elliot's things out of the loft that is now my studio was a bit easier than I thought it was going to be. I still need to do some repainting and decorating in the new spare bedroom but that can wait. The walk in closet in the new spare bedroom still has that 5% of my things nicely stored. I can now just walk it up to the studio and put it in it's place- as soon as I find out where that would be.

I promise to post some pictures of the new studio as soon as the chandelier is hung. Yes, you read that right, a chandelier. I have always wanted a crystal chandelier hanging over our tub, but the DH thought that was a bit ridiculous, especially since there wasn't an outlet already there and we hardly ever use the tub. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to have my crystal since this was my dream craft room and my daughter gave me money for Christmas just for the cause. It arrives today and hopefully will be up by next weekend. I think it is going to take me a few hours just to put all the crystals on it in the right place. I am hanging it right over my desk so I get a perfect view every time. I was fortunate enough that after the desk and island were placed, there was a can light right up over my desk- a perfect spot.




Today's card reminds us that it is just the little things that can make a difference in someones life. Kindness is certainly something this world could use more of. It may be a simple as a smile, a thank you, holding the door for someone or just letting someone know you care. It really is the little things that can have the biggest impact. I used SU Cherry Cobbler and Kraft card stock. The embossing folder was one of the new Sizzix's and the green tag was created with a mini embossing folder from Stampin' Up. The sentiment was also from SU. I decided to keep my computer down in the spare bedroom and all of my supplies are upstairs now. It was a bit easier when I needed to know the details of my card when I was posting and everything was right in the same room. Oh well, if anyone wants to know the stamp set it came from I can reply back to you.


I hope you all are having a wonderful New Year. I am hoping that things start to slow down and I can sit and enjoy my new space.


~Have fun and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment