Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just for today it's a man's world...

I have eight good friends that I get together with once a month and we spend an evening together stamping. We used to make eight trading cards each month and then we gave everybody one so at the end of the night we had eight different ones. We would pick a theme and it was a lot of fun, but what do you do with all those trading cards? We decided that we would try something different so now we make one full sized card. We still pick a theme and then we put them all on the table and assign a number to each one. We draw a number and you get the corresponding card. This month was a masculine theme for Father's Day and this was the card I made. Nothing really special as most of my masculine cards usually are. I really have to reel myself in and not go too foo-foo when I make a card for men.

The stamp is "John Jacob" from River City Rubber Works. I was playing with my Adirondack "lights" again on glossy card stock. For this card I used Aqua and Cloudy Blue and just randomly stippled the colors on. Once it was dry I stamped John Jacob in Memories Black. I used my Harlequin Cuttle Bug folder on the silver card stock. My favorite SU Word Window punch was used on the sentiment. I added three little black gems for his buttons and one on each end of the sentiment.

I am going on vacation next week and I am taking some homework with me. It is my turn to teach at our larger stamp club this month. I was asked if I would show them how to use the brayer on glossy card stock and the resist technique. I need to make some samples to bring so I thought I would take some things with me and whip up a few. We'll see what happens!

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment