Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thank you for being my sunshine...



I just wanted to pop in today to see how you are all doing? I am feeling pretty good because I finally got my stamp studio in order. Everything is picked up and put away, OK 99% of it is. I now find myself in a bit of a bind as to where I can store all of my Martha Stewart punches. Over the last six months I have been feeding my addiction to her punches and as I purchased them I would put a few on my desk and a few on a shelf. Now that I have gotten them all together I don't have a place large enough. It looks like I am going to have to put up two new shelves. Oh boy, my husband is going to love that. I am running our of wall space. I can only imagine what these walls are going to look like when I move up to the loft after the last little chick leaves the nest.

Today's card is one that I had made back a few months ago. For one of the stamp groups that I get together with once a month, we take turns bringing a stamp and we all use that image to make a card. It is nice to see how differently we each create something with the same stamp. It is also nice if it is a stamp that you have a hard time using because you can't really visualize how to use it. We all have those stamps that look great on the shelf but blocks our creativity when it comes time to use it. Anyway, it gives us ideas on how to get more use of that stamp.

I can't remember the name of this stamp or what company makes because it wasn't mine. It is just one stamp that looks like a collage. I didn't know how to color it so I just added a bit of color and then added some Perfect Paper Adhesive and a piece of tan tissue paper. I scrunched up the tissue paper and let it dry. That led to my kraft and red color scheme. The sentiment is from JustRite - Romantic Sentiments and you can purchase it at The Stamp Castle. I punched it out with the SU Curly Label punch. The cream layer is punched with the MS Eyelet Lace border punch and then I used Antique Linen Distress Ink on the edges of all the layers. The embellishments are from Prima.

I am getting very antsy for the nicer weather. Yesterday when I woke up it was only 16 degrees and went up to 47 by the afternoon. Today it started out at 42 but we are expecting some rain. By the end of the week it is supposed to be 67. Hamburgers and steak on the grill I say, maybe even some shrimp. I'm not holding my breath though, it is Michigan after all. It will still be a few months before I can get the planting started so for now I am in a holding pattern. I find this time of year the hardest but the most exciting. I am not a patient person so waiting to plant is very hard for me. It was easier up in the U.P. where I grew up because there was still snow on the ground until the middle of May. It takes a long time for 200 inches of winter snow to melt-don't ya know. Don't get me wrong, I really miss living up there.

I hope you all have a nice Easter and remember it is customary to eat the ears off the chocolate bunny first.
Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment