Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter


Just a quick note to wish you all a Happy Easter. I had a few minutes in between my meal prep so I thought I would share with you an Easter card for the occasion. Last month at our stamp club I taught the group how to make several different flowers to help our embellishments budgets. I wasn't clever enough to originate the ideas but I found several out there on the net. It seems that making flowers is really hot right now.

The bunny for this card was from a package of Studio G bunny cards I found at JoAnns with envelopes for $1. What was so great was that by cutting the bunny card front and back apart, I ended up with two. After I had done that with all eight cards is was like bunnies were multiplying all over the place. One side is pink and the other side is white. I chose to put some polka dots on this one with a Hero Arts Clings- Cling dot background stamp. I love the size of the dots. It will come in quite handy when I do my vintage stamping. I thought about using a floral or swirl design on this little guy but didn't want him to get lost in the designer paper. The dots were stamped in Versa Magic Sahara Sand. The designer paper is from K & Company - McKenna Floral Paisley and it might be a little hard to see but it has glitter here and there. I used SU Certainly Celery for my card stock and sentiment. The sentiment was cut and layered with SU punches and the corners are Cuttlebug.

Now onto the luscious satin rose. I found the tutorial for this flower here. Princess Leia (aka Tia Bennett) did a great job showing how to do this with paper but I liked the end result with the satin ribbon instead. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw her picture. Go on over to the link and take a look, you'll know what I mean. I won't spoil it for you.

Well the rest of my dinner is calling so I better head to the kitchen. If I don't get dinner on the table soon we won't have any Easter candy left and what is a girl to do if all the chocolate eggs are gone! Oh that's right, you buy them at 50% off tomorrow!

Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment