Sunday, April 25, 2010

By the Sea...



Well maybe not quite by the sea here in Michigan, but certainly by the lake. By the Sea is one of the new sets released this month by JustRite. It uses the 2 1/4" x 3 1/16" block. I thought it was so fitting for where I live since we are considered the "Blue Water" area here on Lake Huron and there are several lighthouses around. Don't forget the special sale over at The Stamp Castle just for my blogging friends. With a $30 purchase you can get free shipping by entering the code KIM and everything is also 10% off. This sale will only run through April 30th so hop on over and you can pick up this beautiful set and a whole lot more.

I am really putting myself out there with this card today. I am just a newbie with the Copic markers and my coloring technique is far from great. Of course when I stamped the image I did use the correct ink, but forgot to use the right paper. The colors started to bleed and when I used my colorless blender to pull some of the blue that bled outside the area I had intended, I made more of a mess- hence the silver star. I would have liked an anchor or something more nautical but the stash wasn't delivering today. Here is a closeup of the image, try not to be too harsh on me.


These are the colors I used to color the image. I have a good collection of Copics and right now I just get too overwhelmed when trying to select the right color. Our local craft store (Mary Maxim) has free, yes I did say free, Copic classes but they fill up fast- as you can imagine. I need to attend a few more so I can get comfortable with my new little gems.

I used Spellbinders Labels Eleven nestabilities for the main image and the font was created with SU Modern Label and Word Window punches. The font is also from SU- Short & Sweet. The designer paper was a scrap piece that looks like gray wood and I ran it through my Cuddlebug with the Argyle embossing folder.

We are expecting thunderstorms later today so I am in my glory. I know- call me crazy but I love a good thungerstorm, the more lightening the better. Let's hope this is a good one.
Have fun and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment