Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gettin' out the nesties...



So what have you all been up to this week- me not much. Yesterday I took my grandson to the movies to see "How to Train your Dragon" in 3-D. I think I enjoyed watching him more than the movie itself. He will be six next month so you can imagine how small he looked in the large theater seat with the big 3-D glasses on. He sat there intently, not taking his eyes off the screen as he put one handful of popcorn into his mouth after another. The look on his face was priceless as his hand searched for more popcorn and found the container empty. That tiny little face with the big dark glasses looking at me, was my cue to get more. In one part of the movie there are ashes that float in the air and in 3-D they looked like they were going to land in our lap. His amazement was seen as he looked up at the ceiling to see if that is where they were coming from. True innocence and wonder.

I am working on getting my nestabilities more organized and accessible. I find that if something is stored too far out of reach, I am less apt to use it and hence the reason I have some that I haven't even touched yet. I love how Becca Feeken organized hers so my DH is building me a storage unit for mine. I already have them in CD cases, now I just need to label them in some sort of order. Check out Becca's idea on her blog here.

While I had the nesties out I figured I should incorporate them into today's post so I chose Label Six. I had originally used the two largest to create a frame and the one I ended up using was actually the leftover piece. Ok switch gears a bit and save the frame for another day. It happens all the time. The vision I have before I start isn't what the finished product looks like. But that's OK.

The sentiment from SU was stamped and punched out with a new punch by EK Success- Real Estate Sign and then I used Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts as side pieces. I used three different border punches. The large white Daisy Fan is from MS and the pink fan is EK Success Double Crochet Lace. The smaller green border is Scallop Trim from SU. The designer paper is from Crafty Secrets- Heartwarming Vintage Collection and the card stock is an older color from SU- Pink Pirouette. I hope you like it and have a great week.

Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment