Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Everything...





Happy everything! I love this sentiment from a Hero Art set of small stamps. It is so versatile that it can be used for several occasions. This is a gift card holder that we made at our monthly stamp club. Two of the other members taught this month so it gave me a chance to relax, chat and enjoy making the project. I want to start by saying that this idea came from Gina K designs and you can find it here on stamp Tv. It was very easy to make and the fun part was embellishing it.




This is the bottom outside flap which I decorated with MS Doily Lace Trim border punch and some embellishments from Jo Ann Fabric dollar bin. Right now the top front is laying flat, behind it. In the first photo you can just see the scallop of the trim.



And Voila, once you open it, this is what you see. I had an old Kohls gift card in my studio that was a bit out of season, but it worked. I love how the gift card stands up straight so it draws your attention to the gift. I know- the card itself is worth a million bucks but it wouldn't get you too far if you took it to buy a new pair of shoes or a dress.

The card stock is SU-Tempting Turquoise and the ds paper is from Paper Studio. I also used SU punches on the "Just for You" sentiment which is also from the SU set Oval All




You know the old adage "Laughter is good for the Soul", well my soul is great. Is that really an old adage or did I just make that one up? My husband won tickets to see Howie Mandel and we went to see him Friday night. He was hysterical and I can't remember when I have laughed that much.

I am still trying to get more organized in my studio. You know how you decide to change one area and before you know it you have to organize a different area to fit things that didn't belong in the first one. OK so I may not be making any sense but I have a huge mess to show for all my effort today. I am going to need a few more hours this week to get it back into shape. I hope you all have a great week.

Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment