Thursday, July 7, 2011

Creat Joy

I am finally back, but not up to full speed. I almost had to tie myself to my chair to make this card. I don't know where my mojo has gone, but I better find it quick. A big box of Stampin' Up was on my door step yesterday and the new catalog is just yummy. I am hoping it is just what I needed for some " get it in gear" inspiration. I think my never ending kitchen project has consumed me. The walls and ceiling are painted which took some time because I was on the contracted painter's list and I wasn't at the top. The DH and myself tiled the back splash and I am happy to report we are both still alive and he still has ten fingers. I sealed the tiles before the grout which will get done this weekend. I think I am still going to reseal the entire area again so the grout is sealed. I cook my spaghetti sauce all day in a slow cooker on the counter and it gets stirred several times. The chances of the sauce splashing up on the tile is quite likely and I don't think the orange splatter would fit the "old world" style I am going for.

I had a few days off to myself and I finished several of those little projects that kept nagging at me. Boy it sure feels good when they are done. Maybe that was another reason I was having such a hard time taking the time to stamp. I ordered several of the newer JustRite stamps and a couple of Tim's Sizzix dies which are also sitting in a box on the floor. You should be seeing some cards from them soon-I promise.

Today's card was inspired by the piece of floral scrap paper I found in a basket on my desk. The flower is one of my homemade ones that are cut circles and heated around the edges so they curl. The stick pin was from a batch that I made while I was in Florida.



I love this bird cage stamp that was from the $1 bin at Michaels. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set. The pink border is Martha's "Swirling Lace" with a pink velvet ribbon over the top of it.




It's hard to believe that we are already into July although the flowers are in full bloom and look like they have been enjoying several days of sun and rain. I am anxiously awaiting our ripened tomatoes. There's nothing better than a homegrown tomato for your salad or BLT if they make it that far.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer and what ever it is that makes it so enjoyable. For all you mom's out there that have school age children, I hope you are getting to sleep in a little later. For those of us who have to hit the pavement, just having a few extra hours of sun at the end of the day is pure happiness.




~Take care and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration Kim! I am so happy to have found your site!

    ReplyDelete