Sunday, July 17, 2011

For "Beautiful" you

So what has everybody been up to? Now that we are into the middle of summer, it's time to just sit back, relax, and enjoy mother nature's beautiful bounty. The flowers are in full bloom and the luscious fruits of the summer are ready for eating. I myself have eaten my share of watermelon, raspberries, strawberries and nectarines and I must say, they sure help with the diet. Today I have lost 40 lbs since the second week of March. How did I do it? A healthy diet of wheat and whole grain items, low carbs and sugar free. I walk 5 days a week at a fast pace for 30 minutes. I am at a plateau and I would still like to lose another 20 -25 lbs. so I am going to have to switch it up a bit. I might just have to drag myself down to the elliptical in the basement. It is set up with a perfect view of the TV in the family room so I have no excuses. I'll let you know how that works out.

Today's card was made with one of the newer MS punch sets called "Vintage Floral" and the bird cage stamp is from Studio G. I cut my book page paper to a 3.25" square and punched the corners first then the sides. The pretty floral ribbon was on a bolt from Hobby Lobby in the clearance isle so I bought the whole thing. The sentiment is from SU "Fabulous Phrases" and then punched out with the "Modern Label " punch.

I don't remember the name of the Sizzix embossing folder I used and I apologize for that. Here is a little tip when you are embossing light colored paper. Take a blender tool or sponge and apply some Distress ink- the raised design will really pop as the ink gives it some depth . I like to use Antique Linen but on other cards that are a medium or darker color, I have used a white opaque ink.



I hope you enjoyed today's card. I am sorry for the delay between posts but during the summer I don't like to be tied to the computer. I have been very excited about the new Stampin' Up catalog and with CHA right around the corner there will be oodles of new "yummies" for us. Has anyone seen the new Spellbinders that are soon to arrive. They are beyond awesome. Start saving your money ladies. I will be found checking the cushions for extra change.


~Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment