Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello

Hello, I'm back. I was on vacation last week and I forgot to schedule a post to my blog while I was gone. That's one of the great features of blogger. Just write up the post ahead of time and tell it when you want it posted for viewing. Of course you have to initiate the whole process for it to happen. Just another one of those times where I have to sit and laugh at myself.

I don't like to mention when I will be going away because you never know who is out there reading your blog. I was up visiting my father at our family cottage in the Upper Peninsula. It's way up North almost as far as Copper Harbor. I posted pictures last September here on my blog. Take a look back through my old posts and you can see why I think this is one of the most relaxing and beautiful place.

I took a whole suitcase (that I could hardly carry) of stamping things with me to keep me entertained if we had a rainy day. As it was I never opened it up. That means my supply of cards is low but it also means we had the most beautiful weather.

Today's card is an a "just thinking of you" kinda card. I used one of the new SU hostess sets for the flowers and the coordinating punch. The embossing folder is Square Lattice from SU. I used Spellbinders dies, a MS butterfly punch and EK Success border punch. I am in love with the new SU colors, two of which I used on this card- Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party. The darker teal is Not Quite Navy. Did you notice the stick pin in the knot of the ribbon. It was from the ones I made awhile back while I was in Florida.





Not much else to report. My daughter and son-n-law will be here tomorrow from North Carolina and I have a few things to take care of before they get here. I swear there aren't enough hours in a day. Either I am getting older and moving a bit slower or I am just busier than I have ever been. This whole crazy thing of working full time really cuts into my hobbies. I should be knocking on wood because I am very fortunate to have such a good job and I don't know where we would be if I didn't have it. I guess I just want the best of both worlds- who doesn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment