Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentines Day


Happy Valentines Day! I call this a perfect holiday because it includes chocolate and love. I still do treat myself to a bit of chocolate every now and then. The sugar free is ok but nothing like the real thing. I made my cards and sent boxes out to the kids. I sent my daughter a bag of Michigan Cherry coffee and when the package was all taped up it still smelt so strong of the lovely aroma. The postal service is going to love me.
I am still making an effort to create cards with new items that I haven't used yet. This stamp is from KaiserCraft called Lady Jude. She has been sitting on the shelf for quite some time now and it was time to give her a try. I love her vintage look but I wasn't quite happy with the amount of black the stamp creates. I guess the way to get around it would be to use markers and outline her hands and face with black and the dress with the color of choice. I might try that next time. I colored her with RV 17 Copic marker to match the SU Melon Mambo card stock that I embossed with Tim Holtz's Regal Flourish embossing folder. The diamond designer paper is the Laundry Line from My Minds Eye and the floral is from Prima's Madeline. I used the sentiment stamp from SU's Clearly for You stamp set and punched it out with the SU Curley Label punch. I colored the pearls with the same RV 17 Copic marker. I thought I would try something different with my bow so I didn't include any tails. I just left the tails long and wrapped them around the back of the card.

If you have this stamp, don't give up on her. I certainly love her too much to do that to her. Sometimes we just need to play around with something before we get it right. Always try to use your stamps with a different technique if you don't like the way it turned out the first time. You never know, you might have given up on a beautiful stamp before trying it again.





It is cold and snowy here in Michigan. I think it is a good day to stay in my PJs and make a big batch of chili. I had the most perfect morning today. I sat at the kitchen island in the quiet and stillness of early morning with a candle burning, a good cup of flavored coffee and my iPad. I could see the snow blowing over the back yard and hear the wind howling every now and then. It was rather cozy, but I had a hard time keeping my mind from imagining myself basking in the Florida sun. I have to learn how to enjoy things as they really are. There is always something good in the moment even if it is 20 degrees and 5 inches of new snow. I know my friend Carol is probably having a hard time believing that now that she is in 80 degree weather. Keep laughing Carol, Port Huron misses you.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment