Saturday, February 25, 2012

I Love Paris




As you all know by now, I have taken on a Paris theme to my new stamp room and as a result I have collected or been gifted several Paris items. This Paris stamp is one of my favorites because of it's size. It covers almost the entire card. With all the Paris paraphernalia, maybe I will feel like I really know Paris if I ever get there. (My spell check isn't working, so please fogive any mispellings)

This stamp is from Stampendous and it is called "I love Paris". I used Stampin' Up (SU) River Rock, Vintage Violet (retired) for the flowers and Perfect Plum. The image was stamped with Vintage Violet. I ran the Perfect Plum panel through the Cuttlebug using the SU Square Lattice embossing folder. The stamped image actually has flowers under the flowers I made. To make the flowers I used a Marth Stewert (MS) Hydreanga punch and layered the petals. I used two of the larger and one small petal for the large flowers and then just two small petals for the small ones. I put a rhinestone in the center of all of them. The leaves were made using The MS Frond Medium punch on SU Certainly Celery and the other larger single leaves were cut free hand out of SU River Rock (I know I surprised myself with how well they turned out because I don't consider myself to be a master of scissors). I created a vein in them with the smaller end of an embossing stylus tool and using the larger end I rubbed them while on a sponge mat until they curled a bit. This helps to give the project dimension. You may think something that is 3D creates the dimention and you are correct, but it is also texture as I did with the larger leaves and the Square Lattice background.

The image below gives you a better picture of the flowers and the leaves. I wish I had corrected the color of the top image so you could see the true color as in the image below.



Well as Michigander's we missed the big winter storm of 2012. They were predicting 6-10 inches in our area and we only got 2. There are areas around the bottom of all the trees that are still bare. It still amazes me how riled up the weather forcasters can get everone and still be wrong. I believe it is the only job where you can make so many mistakes and still keep your job.

I want to thank all of you who have left such nice comments about my new stamp room. I better think about building a new house for all of you who said they want to come and live with me.The number of visits to my blog has skyrocketed. I was floored when I recently found a picture of my room on Pinterest. Someone had pinned it as a room in her dream house and I was told there was a picture of my paper cabinet posted but I haven't seen that one yet. I am flattered beyond belief and happy that so many of you are enjoying the pictures and that I have inspired you to get organized. I always thought of myself as a somewhat organinzed person, but you all have put me on a pedestal. I was hesitant at first to upload the images because I didn't want it to look like I was bragging or rubbing it in anyone's face. I truely know how fortunate I am and I certainly don't take it for granted. I have been waiting a very long time for a long time for a room like this and I am very appreciative every time I step foot in it. I am overwhelmed with joy that my intentions of sharing some storage ideas is what it has been all about. I just wish I had received the last drawer front and mounted it before I had posted the pictures. I never believed it would have gone so viral. Thanks again and I hope to keep inspriring you either with your creativity or your organizational and decorating skills.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment