Sunday, January 6, 2013

Another Eiffel Tower


One of my favorites is anything Paris. When I found this paper I was thrilled and I knew exactly who I wanted to share it with. I have a dear friend who has been going through a very difficult and
long journey with a very sick child. Even though her daughter is an adult with her own family it doesn't make it any easier. Unfortunately I know all too well the feeling of helplessness. The feeling that loving your child isn't enough to cure them. If that were so, I am sure there would be no sickness in this world and wouldn't that be breathtaking.

The paper was a great find on clearance at Jo Ann's. A 12x12 with 48 double sided sheets for $2.97. It's from Color Box called Antique Paperie. I used the Spellbinder Shapeabilities called French Frills to cut out the Eiffel Tower in brushed metallic gold. I had some lovely beige trim that I put down the side and a flourish or rhinestones. The font is from Stampin' Up Curly Cute stamp set. Below are a few more pictures.






Everyone is back into the routine of the New Year. I still have my Christmas decorations up. It has been quite a week at work and my DH's birthday was yesterday so we put off taking everything down until next weekend. Our weather is to hit a high of 40 later this week so it will be a perfect time to get the lights down. The tree goes in the spot where DH's recliner sits, so I know he is anxious to get his favorite spot back. I can tell the couch isn't quite cutting it for football.

Believe it or not I have already started a few Valentine's Day cards and procrastination wasn't even one of my resolutions. Actually I didn't make any new resolutions. I just want to continue eating healthy and keep walking. Thankfully I brought all the cookies into work and they were gone in a couple of days. I'm glad they enjoyed them so much. I better get going on coming up with a project for this month's stamp club or I will have a bunch of unhappy stampers.
~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment