Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day



Beat me with a wet noodle. I know I am overdue for a post but I have been crazy busy at work. We were short staffed and I have been busy waiting for one to switch from another department and started training an additional casual employee, along with implementing a new process for digital reports. Everything is to a point that I can sit back and relax and now life is good. I actually don't mind a bit of the craziness every now and then because it makes the days go by faster and I find that I stick to my diet.

I was feeling so organized I thought I would get a jump on the holiday and make a Valentine's Day card. The DS paper is Honey Pie : Avery from Cosmo Cricket. The label is from Sizzix called Labels Fancy  3 and it is the largest of the four that are in this set. These are the only dies that I have from Sizzix and they do not emboss around the edge. I believe Spellbinders has a patten on that feature. All the same they are very nice but I think they feel a bit more flimsy than the copper Spellbinders dies. After I cut out the label, I ran it through the cuttlebug with the Swirls embossing folder. I found a package of the red foil hearts and the red ruffled ribbon at Jo-Anns and the tags were from the dollar store. The pearls pulled the white out of the paper and tied in the label.







 
 
 
Still trying to keep warm here in Michigan. We got a few inches of snow along with some chilling weather. Looking on the bright side of things, our winter started later this year. Let's just hope it ends at the usual time. Just a phone call from Florida gives me hope of warmer weather. Looking forward to Stampin' Up's Sale-a-Bration. They are several things I put on a wish list. Who am I kidding-it's not a wish list, it's a must have/can't live without list.
 
I have to cut this short because I have a stamping buddy coming over for an afternoon of fun. I hope all of you in the northern regions stay cozy and warm in whatever method required. Be it beverage, physical activity or whatever suits your fancy. All of you in southern states just keep sending us warm wishes as you sit by the pool.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment