Sunday, February 3, 2013

Not what I had envisioned


 
This card is a bit different than what I had in mind. I knew I wanted to use this image but after I stamped it on regular card stock I pushed it aside. I think it would have turned out better had I used glossy paper. None the less I picked it back up and decided to use it. Sometimes things have a way of evolving into something totaly different than what we envisioned. I stamped the Hampton Arts image of the girl in SU Midnight Muse. I layered the stamped panel onto gold brushed card stock. The DS paper is from Prima's Botanical Garden. It is very faint but on the left side of the DS paper I stamped a vine by Impression Obsession. There wasn't a name on the package of this cling stamp but it is an individual stamp that is about 1"x5". I stamped the vine onto a piece of scrap paper first and then I re-stamped it without inking it up again. This gave me the faint image I was looking for. I layered this on SU Not Quit Navy card stock. The gold flourishes are from Jolee's Boutique called Leaf Flourishes. The seam binding is Claret Brown which looks more like a gold. The sentiment is from SU Loving Thoughts which was layered onto a brushed gold scallop oval from the SU punch.  
 
 


 I know a lot of you will be involved with crafting in some sort of way; either creating or surfing the web today as it is such a big day for the men in our lives. Superbowl Sunday- I can hardly wait. Darn those Packers. Had they won, I would have had the house all to myself this weekend. The DH isn't as into the game as he would have been had his beloved cheese heads been there. It really doesn't matter because I can still enjoy a day in my studio whether I am home alone or not. I plan to spend the whole day there warm and cozy in my PJs - A crafter's heaven. Just have to find some chocolate.

~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment