Sunday, February 10, 2013

Some old fashioned Valentine's


 I wanted these Valentine"s Day cards to look old fashioned like the die cuts. I started with pre-made cards from Studio G. that I got in the $1 bin at JoAnn's. They had several different designs and shapes in pink and white. These are all the same color pink but I photo shopped each of them individually and I didn't have the same setting for the saturation and contrast- something I need to remember when doing multiple images. They are actually a lighter shade of SU's Melon Mambo like the last card of the little boy. I stamped the Stampendous Carte Postale stamp in brown as a background. Then I rubbed distress ink around the outside edge. The cards already had a 1/8th embossed frame and down in the lower left corner there are some swirls which can be seen better in the pictures below. To highlight the frame even more, I dry brushed some acrylic cream paint over it.


The Valentine die cuts are from K & Company and I distress these a bit also with Vintage Photo distressed ink. The hearts were cut from Prima's 6x6  Botanical collection with the Scallop Hearts Spellbinders die. The sentiment is a Studio G.



 
 
My sister called me at work this week, which she very rarely does, and the first thing I thought was something was wrong with my dad. She asked me if I wanted to go to Hawaii with her. It took me a minute to realize what she had said since I was expecting the worst about my dad. Once I got it together, my head was spinning with excitement. Someone on her husband's side of the family has a place on Oahu that offered it to her for her son's spring break. Her hubby can't go because he has too much work and then her crazy son didn't want to go, so she said let's not pass up this opportunity and make it a "Sister Trip". We fly out on March 10 until the 21st. Now I just have to get past the guilt of not taking the rest of my family. As much as we would have loved to stay the entire 2 weeks, we thought we would need some time to rest up from the jet lag before we went back to work. We have never been on a sister trip before so this will be exciting. We both love to do the same things and we both like the sun and water. I can hardly wait, but it looks like I will have to pass up my Florida trip this year which makes me a little sad. I have such a great time with my friend Carol and it is so relaxing and peaceful at her place in Cape Coral. But since I didn't win the lotto I can't do both. Decisions decisions!
 
~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment