Sunday, March 16, 2014

Soft and Subtle




I made this card awhile ago for a Stampin' Up party and I realized it was one I hadn't shared with you. I am getting ready for another party next weekend and I came across this one when I was looking for samples to display. The stamp set is Apothecary Art. The card stock is Pistachio Pudding as the base and Costal Cabana on top of that which I used the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. The ink is Costal Cabana and Wisteria Wonder. I used Stampin Up framelits Labels Collection to cut out the Apothecary Art stamped images. The seam binding is Pool Party. This turned out to be a very soft and subtle card that I can use for someone who is going through a rough patch.

 
 
 I hope you all had a great week. We were busy digging out of 6 inches of snow but some of the drifts from the strong winds were 3 feet. The really bad weather started after I had gone to work so the ride home was a real treat. At least I only live 15 minutes from the hospital on a good day. I had called home to see if my DH had cleaned out the driveway and he said he was just going out to do it. I left work 45 minutes later thinking that would give him enough time. When I pulled up he was at the top of the driveway and the snow was a couple of feet down at the bottom, so I continued on down our road looking for a place to turn around. I finally found a driveway that had been cleared out. When I pulled up in front of the house my DH came to the road and suggested I go to the grocery store to get tomatoes for the salads we were having for dinner while he finished snow blowing. TOMATOES really? The roads in our subdivision were just one lane so I couldn't park in front of the house. I headed to the nearest parking lot and thought I would just play on my iPad for a bit to waste some time. I ended up shopping at Cracker Barrel and then I sat in the car until he called to let me know the driveway was clear. Needless to say we did not have tomatoes on our salads that night.

~ Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment