Sunday, September 7, 2014

Colored pencils

 
 
 
 

Friends- they certainly make the world a better place. For those of you who know me, you know I am not one to use my colored pencils very often, but when I got this new stamp from SU it screamed pencils. It is called Corner Garden and I was drawn to the shades of purple. It turned out better then I had expected. I a sentiment from Jillibean soup by Hampton Art called Handwritten Sentiments. There are several nice ones in this set. To fancy it up a bit I used the border punch from MS called Deco Fan and then added some rhinestones. After I had finally finished coloring the flowers I noticed a smudge and I was heartsick, but being a long time stamper I knew exactly what to do. I covered it up with the butterfly which is a Memory Box die cut called Pippi Butterfly.
 
 
 
The pencils I used are Prismacolor and the colors I used are below.
 
PC934 Lavender
PC956 Lilac
PC1008 Parma Violet
PC932 Violet
PC1096 Kelly Green
PC988 Marine Green


Another great weekend is almost over. I got all my chores done that I had on my list for the weekend (which is always a good feeling) and I even had some time to make this card. I also managed to squeeze in some time to soak up the sun. Not too many more 80 degree days left I am afraid. The leaves are turning, the nights are cooler and the deer are starting to get their winter coats. That's not a very good sign. I also like fall but I hate the end of summer just as much. I guess I can't have both, now can I.

Hope you all have a great week.

~Have fun and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Thanks for inspiring me to get my stamps out again. You are obviously very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful card!!! I am wondering, did you use the colored pencils dry? Or did you paint over them with a wet brush???

    Thanks,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete