Monday, September 1, 2014

Bucket List- check




 We headed up north to the U.P. for my sister-n-law's wedding last weekend but we took a few days off before and headed over to the west side of the state for some much needed fun. My children are still in disbelief that the DH and I went zip-lining and that it was my idea. Let me just say it was so liberating and awesome. We did the full 3 hour canopy tour and were 100 feet up in the air on some of the lines. There were 5 swinging suspended wooden bridges that we had to walk across to the 9 different zip-lines. The views were spectacular after the first 2 lines when I could stop focusing on technique and just enjoy the ride.

We rented a condo on the beach for two nights in Boyne City and we could see the entire harbor on the south shore of Lake Charlevoix from our balcony. At night we left the bedroom windows open and we could hear the waves lapping on the shore all night. What a view to wake up to each morning. After zip-lining in the morning, we made some lunch and took it down to the beach for an afternoon of sun and floating in the water. I have to say it was one of the most relaxing short vacations we have done in a long time and I can now cross zip-lining off my bucket list.

Today's card is all SU. The card stock is Pistachio Pudding and Mellon Mambo. The designer paper is All Abloom. Such a nice color combo for summer. I used the Deco Labels die for the sentiment which is from the stamp set Let Your Hair Down. Of course you know me, it has to have some bling and I layered that over some lime green ruffled gingham ribbon. Check out the little yellow birds, aren't they the cutest. They are expoxy clear stickers from Heidi Grace called Tweet Memories.



Still can't believe summer is over. Here in Michigan we didn't know it even started. I think I can count on one hand the number of hot steamy days we had. Hoping for some good thunderstorms today. I plan on spending the afternoon in my studio cleaning and organizing. Hopefully I will get some time to also make a few cards once I can see my desk. I always enjoy seeing the lightening and rain through the skylights and as always I will have a scented candle burning.
 
~have fun and enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Such a bright sweet card! Lovin' those little yellow birds, too. I'm a Yooper from years ago Ü I miss it but not those mosquitos! Lived in Alaska for years and I still think the winters were way harsher in the U.P. than in Anchorage. And oh, those pasties.....yum ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy. Where in the UP were you from. I grew up in Calumet and yes those Pasties and Thimbleberry Jam are two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete