Sunday, August 9, 2009

Something for the little one..


Today I wanted to share with you some baby girl cards that I created for a little someone whoever it may be. I still don't have use for these yet but I thought I should have some on hand. Yesterday I got all of my chores done because it is going to be a hot and steamy day. I did the laundry, put pepper steak in the crock pot, picked up the clutter in the kitchen that has been driving me crazy this week, did the vacuuming and made a coffeecake for today. I didn't want to be standing over a hot stove today browning the pepper steak so now I just have to warm it up. I have a little rice cooker which will work fine. My guys love to eat the pepper steak over rice rather than mashed potatoes- fine by me since it is much easier. We do have central air but I still wanted to get these chores done without any humidity. I don't mind hot but I don't like humid. Besides now I can stamp and play all day.

For this card I used Nursery-Girl paper from DCWV. The tag is a nestabilities with a sticker "sweet baby" from K&Company- Small Wonders. I held it all in place with a filigree brad from SU. The sentiment is also from Stampin' Up- Short & Sweet and I used the SU word window punch to punch it out. The trim is from Jo-Ann's





This next card could be used for a little boy or girl except that I used pink card stock that shows on the inside. All of the products are from the same companies mentioned above. This week has been uneventful which is good. Getting ready to send our baby off to college in 3 weeks. His room mates are in for a world of excitement. As I mentioned before I am not looking forward to this. I guess I will just have to stay busy so I don't miss him so much. My stamping room will most likely be seeing a lot of me.

Last night we had quite a few thunder storms move through our area. I got up and sat in the dark while I cruised on the computer (I know, not the best time to be on the computer). The storms weren't severe but just a nice constant flash and rumble of thunder. I love thunderstorms and we haven't had many this summer. I have to enjoy them when I can even if it is in the middle of the night. Actually that is the best time because it is so nice and dark and you can really enjoy the lightening. I know call me crazy, you wouldn't be the first and I am sure not the last. This morning it is already bright and sunny and it feels like the rain has given way to a nice fresh day. I want to get out and enjoy it before it gets unbearable. I think I will take the Sunday paper out onto the deck with a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee and a slice of that luscious coffeecake I made last night.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment