Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's a nice day for a white wedding...






You can tell what era I grew up in with my Billy Idol title. Anyway I wanted to share with you today two of the wedding cards I made for my new venture. I worked like crazy last weekend as I had the house to myself and had 33 cards ready and sent on Monday. There were a variety of occasions and I will be sharing some of them with you in my future posts.

These two were a little similar yet unique enough that they could be considered one of a kind. I used Anna Griffin paper on both of them and Inkadinkado's clear Wedding stamp set. The top one I embossed in gold and then colored the bride's dress with my Gelly Roll pen- clear star. The labels three nestabilities frame is actually on straight but the angle of the camera makes it look a bit shifted. I dressed it up with a Martha Stewart border punch, some satin trim and pearls.

The second card I used labels one and turned them on their side. For this one I decided to go with some lace and a just a few pearls. At first I wasn't quite sure about the Mr. and Mrs. sentiment, but I soon fell in love with this card.

I haven't stamped all week. I don't think I had anything left in me from my stamping marathon.
I need to get busy on a picnic or BQ card for our stamping group card trade but I am finding it hard to get motivated because it is absolutely gorgeous out today. I sat in the sun this morning for a bit. I only like to be out until 11 o'clock and then it gets too intense for me. I head for the shade after noon. I hung up a new hummingbird feeder and it didn't take long for them to find it. I could sit all day and watch them. I still find it amazing at the speed of their wings every time I see one. In my region we only get the ruby throat but that is enough to keep me entertained. Hope you all have a great week. I'm off to enjoy the weather.

Have fun and enjoy

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment