Friday, July 24, 2009

A new venture...


Just checking in for a quick note. I know there are some of you who go through withdrawal when you come to my site and I haven't put anything new up. I just go back from vacation last night at midnight. We spent a wonderfully relaxing time up at my dad's cottage in the Upper Peninsula. It was nice that we could all be there together. His place is on a little inland lake where the water is much warmer- nothing like the cold frigid water of Lake Superior. We had beautiful weather and we all look sun kissed. This vacation ended up opening a new door from me which I will tell you about further in the post but onto the subject at hand.

For this card I used my cuddle bug for the background and DCWV Nursery-Baby Girl paper. The Wrought Iron Grille stamp is from Stampington & Company and the birds are from Magenta. I added some pearls to the top of the grille and rhinestones around the birds for some added bling. The printed flower in the upper right is from Hero Arts - Art Flowers vintage cottage. This card actually got purchased from a neighbor up at the cottage. She wanted to see some of my cards and I had a bag of my most recent ones. She had family coming in and needed three birthday cards. This one she chose for her 23 year old granddaughter.

As I started to tell you something very exciting happened for me on this vacation. While I was up in town visiting my cousin, someone saw my cards and I was commissioned to sell them at a store up in Calumet which is where I grew up. It is about 20 miles from my dad's cottage and a very big tourist place in the summer. So to that I had better get started on making some cards. I will share a little more about my vacation in a later post.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment