Thursday, July 16, 2009

Celebrating perfect creation


After the pictures I posted on my last blog I was thinking how incredible the creation of all the different flowers and birds really is. The different colors and shapes of the petals and leaves is unfathomable. This is what brought me to today's card in celebration of his work. As I am writing this there is a wild turkey walking out back along the edge of our yard at the tree line with her two little babies. Just another example of his perfection.

I used the SU set "God's Beauty. The designer paper is from DCWV Nursery-Girl. I used two different border punches from Martha Stewart. It is a little hard to see but the white scallop has embossed flowers on it and I put a small pearl in the center of each one. The sentiment barely fit in my oval punch with just the edge of a scalloped oval peaking behind. The little lime flowers I made with my SU Trio Flower punch. I have looked at this punch several times and never bothered to order it. Now I see all kinds of uses for it. I was looking for small flowers this size and now I can make my own of any color I choose. I thought they would also look great as centers for larger flowers. I don't know who makes the chipboard butterfly I used because I took them out of the package for storage. I got them at Hobby Lobby and they were in a divided plastic packaging. There were four different colors. Two were metallic like the one I used and the other two had flocking on them. They all had the rhinestones which caught my eye immediately. You know the bling bling will get me every time.

My daughter is home from North Carolina and boy oh boy the garbage men are going to be sorry. We have gone through my cabinets, fridge and freezer and pitched and organized like crazy. I can always count on her to get my Tupperware cabinet looking good when she comes home but this time we went to town. It is a standing joke with us that the only time it gets organized is when she comes home. We even found enough time to weed my gardens and clean the very high windows inside in out on the house. This is no easy feat because we need a 16 foot ladder to reach them (or should I say she needed it to reach them). She was even on the roof over the front porch to clean the large window on the outside over the front foyer. It is such a good feeling when these types of projects get done and having her here to motivate and help me was even better. We had accomplished this all in 2 days believe it or not and now we are just relaxing and enjoying our time together. Her husband flies in tonight for another week. I bet the garbage men will be afraid to come back next week.

Have fun and enjoy,

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment