Saturday, July 4, 2009

Did Cinderella loose her dress...













I want to start off by saying that this was not my original idea. It was taught in a class at Strawberry Fields just outside of Cape Coral Florida. The creator of this dress form said that she couldn't sleep one night so she got up and came up with this idea. I don't know her name but if I ever do I will be sure to give her credit for such a unique idea.

A few of us got together at my friend Carol's house (she is back here in Michigan) and she showed us how to make these dresses. This one is my creation. We used the new paper from Graphic 45- Botanicabella Collection. The cut out butterflies are on the front and I also showed a picture of the back. The coat hanger I made out of wire and it turned out pretty good if I say so myself. I always look forward to going to Carol's because we just relax and have such a good time while we create. I think we do as much talking was we do creating.

I made a tuna noodle salad and brought some fresh cucumbers and a nice loaf of french bread. Carol lives on a large river that carries freighters from the great lakes as well as several other boaters under the Blue Water Bridge that connects Michigan to Canada. The view is absolutely beautiful and lunch feels like you are away on a vacation.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. I didn't even make anything patriotic but I did put flags out and I am ever so grateful to live in such a wonderful country. Though we may not be in the best spot economically we at least know what freedom feels like. Not everyone can say that.

I took some beautiful pictures of visitors to my backyard and I will share those with you this week. Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment