Thursday, July 9, 2009

In my very own backyard

Well I promised you some picture of the visitors I had in my yard the past weekend. I was sitting out on the deck and I was just enjoying the day with my eyes closed when I hear a bird call that I usually don't hear. I opened my eyes and saw this beautiful Baltimore Oriole at my hummingbird feeder. I quickly ran in and got a bowl of grape jelly. It didn't take long before several of them found it. They hung around in the trees for about 3 days and then moved on. Take a look.














While I had the camera out and the sun was shining so nice on my flowers I thought I would take a few more. To my amazement there was this little friend perched on the spike in one of my planters.









You can only imagine how excited I was to get these pictures. I wonder why... he or she stayed there for the longest time. I thought about using it in my header but I still like the blue in the one I am using. Here are just a few more of my flowers.

















Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment