Sunday, September 13, 2009

Celebrate what makes you happy!


This is a card that I did for a challenge with my stamp club. Each month we choose a theme . It usually isn't a layout challenge but a color or holiday. This challenge was to use the color red and ribbon (the ribbon could have been any color). For some reason I thought we had to also include a button and wouldn't you know it that was the part that gave me the most problems. I used my newest cuttlebug embossing plate- Fleur de lis and real red card stock. I layered a solid red ribbon on top of a plaid. The whole card was designed around the red and white plaid ribbon. I dressed up the button by going around the inside with a white pen and then put a pearl in the center. All of the punches are from Stamp'n Up as is the sentiment from the set Labelicious.

I just finished cleaning and organizing my stamp studio. I can't seem to find my creative side when I am surrounded by clutter. I guess I find it too distracting. So today I can celebrate organization. I had a lot of ribbon that needed to be rolled and put into my storage jars. I was at a garage sale yesterday and found 8 of the candy jars I use for my ribbon (you can find a picture on a previous post). They had $5 on each but I asked if they would take $3 each if I bought eight. They were happy for the sale and so was I. I must say, my wrists are a bit sore from all the rolling and it looks like I am going to have to put another shelf to hold the new jars.

Still trying to get used to the idea of not having any children in the house. Elliot is doing fine and enjoys his independence at school. He has decided to do his own cooking instead of getting the meal plan at school. Two of his days are so full that he wouldn't be able to grab a bite to eat and he isn't on campus every day. So he will pack a lunch and live on mac-n-cheese, yogurt and pb & j. He came home for Labor Day weekend and I sent him back home with enough food to keep him full for awhile till he comes home again.

On another note, my daughter and son-n-law just bought their first home and they are so excited. Becky just finished her Master's degree in special education and started her first teaching job this past January. They have decided to make their home in North Carolina and we can't wait to visit.

We have had some beautiful weather the past 2 weeks. I love getting up early with a cup of coffee and heading out on the deck with the Sunday paper. To me this is heaven. Enjoying the sun, my beautiful yard full of flowers and all the birds that visit it. The local wild turkey family (mama and her two babies) came in for breakfast at the neighbors bird feeder. They started to act a little funny and out from the woods came two red fox. What an amazing morning- at least for me and the turkeys. The foxes had to find something else to eat.

Celebrate, have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment