Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just where have you been?


Where have I been you say. I know, I know-the earth is starting to shake as I post this blog. It has been so long since I last posted and I apologize for that. We just got the last little lamb off to college so for the past 2 weeks I have been very busy. He has only been gone one week and will be back home tomorrow for the long weekend. If I didn't know better it is just like he has been away at band camp. I am sure it will really start to sink in after next week. I must say though, I sure enjoy how neat and clean the house stays. Now if I could just get rid of that dog of ours. Hmmm... let me see how that could be arranged.

It is my son-n-law's birthday so this is his card. As you all know I have difficultly with the simplicity of the male gender cards. Foo-Foo is my middle name so I immediately reach for the bling and ribbon. I don't think he would appreciate that too much. I just received my new release cuttlebug folders. Here is the new Fleur de lis pattern. Very stunning isn't it? I often save the packaging of new items I receive and the kraft paper on this card is the back side of an insert. You would never know if I hadn't told you right? My motto is never throw anything away until you decide there is absolutely no use for it. The brown card stock is SU chocolate chip as is the ink. The embellishment in the bottom is a square copper brad turned on an angle and the fleur de lis is a leftover piece from my EK success border punch. Some branches from my MS punch added just a little something to the bottom of the card. I wasn't happy with the sentiment though. It is from the Nostalgia set of Inkadinkado. It looks a little too rustic for me with the lines that come off the B,R,H and Y. The rest of the set doesn't look like this so I am wondering if this is a defect.

Speaking of saving the packaging-I have to let you in on a little secret. I have been watching the shows about hoarders. I became a little uneasy when I heard them describe how they just don't seem to have enough stuff and they just keep buying more. Does that sound familiar. I bet most of us have more embellishments, paper and stamps than we could ever use in a lifetime. Although my stuff is neatly organized and put away, it starts to scare me. I always make a point of reading the definition at the beginning of the show just to make sure I don't fit the description and after the show I find myself cleaning and tossing things out like crazy. The best therapy I could ever get.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I am planning to get up into the "black hole" aka- my son's room and give it a good cleaning and scrub down. As much as I miss him, I hope he heads back to school at a decent time so I can get a few good hours in. If you don't see a recent post from me in the next week or so I may have never made it out of the mess.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment