Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday- Girls



Just a quick post tonight to show you something new. I have two very special friends that I have known since high school and we are all named Kim. Their birthday's are just a day apart and they don't know it but they both got the same card. They live miles apart and will never know unless they read my blog. Happy Birthday Girls! I am so glad they are older than me by a whooping 2 months.

I have been busy most of the weekend reorganizing things in my stamping studio. It was getting that cluttered look so it was time to do something about it. I painted two shelves earlier in the week so they were ready to be put up. I also had some smaller framed cubes that go on the wall and I mounted the four of them vertically. This way I can store things inside and on top of each one. I also found a great buy on a wall cabinet that has shelves and a frosted glass door- Just love it. I now store all of my flowers in it which made room in a different hutch for the new paper I had purchased and had a pile here and there. I also had six small silver metal pails that I had gotten from Target and I tied turquoise ribbon at the top. I put white alphabet stickers on the front to represent the chipboard letters that are in that pail. I divided the alphabet up into six so there are four to five letters on each pail. I think this will work great when I am looking for a letter I can just grab that pail and see which one matches best. I will post pictures in a later post.

For the card I used DCWV-La Creme and my spellbinders label four. I also used my new Latice borderabilities with a few pearls to dress it up. I had to keep it toned down a bit since it had to go in the mail. Really kills me to do that. The ribbon is a perfect match that I found in the dollar bin at "M" quite awhile ago.

Back to the birthday girls. I do have to tell you a funny story about all three of us being named Kim. When we were in high school we were walking down town one night (a very small town and at the time we didn't even have a stop light) a car full of boys from a neighboring town and different school pulled up along side us and asked which one of us was named Kim. Of course we just started laughing as we were looking at each other. We later found out that these boys knew exactly who we were and that we were all named Kim. Oh what memories and simple times of fun.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment