Saturday, October 3, 2009

Simple but Elegant


It was a rainy dreary day here today. The sun had been trying it's hardest to warm up the afternoon but the clouds continued to roll in. There were a few times that the rain was pouring down in the sunshine. It actually looked beautiful as the raindrops hit the sunlit leaves. Looks like t will be the same all over again tomorrow. Now if we could have a little thunder with that, I would be all set. There is a full moon shining right now and not more than 5 minutes ago there was a downpour. Our weather certainly has been changing.

Today's card is all about the nesties. I used my new Classic Frame and Labels Four from Spellbinders. I call it simple but elegant. The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye- Laundry Line. I just love this embossed glitter paper. Again this card was going in the mail so I had to keep the embellishments to a minimum. The card stock is from Stampin' Up of course which I use 95% of the time for my cards. I love the weight and the selection of colors. I have all the inks to match and the two compliment each other for a beautiful end result.

I am still doing a bit of organizing in my stamping room. I am looking for DVD brackets that can be mounted to hold my Stampin' Up ink pads. They are strips that hold 16 each. I saw a picture on someones blog and she said she got them a few years ago at IKEA. I have sent them an email but haven't heard anything back yet. I am also waiting for a rolling storage cart with six shallow drawers to go on sale at Staples. I want to keep my scraps according to color in separate drawers and since it will only hold scraps, I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on it. I had all the scraps in a basket on my desk but I wanted to make room for some type of rotating ink storage. If I can't find the brackets to make my own, I may have to go with the one from Stampin' Up with the extender. The problem is you can't add more than one extender and I need it to hold a few more pads. We will have to see what I come up with.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment