Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pretty and Organized



Here is a picture of how I store what I call my "pretty things". Since I ran out of storage space in the walk in closet, I had to turn to storing things on shelves. If it is going to be out in the open and I have to look at it I wanted it to be appealing. The ribbon jars are not new. I just moved some of them onto this wall. The tin pails on the upper shelf are what hold all of my alphabet chip board letters. I do have one more small shelf that is being painted and will go under the canister shelf. I have eight small candy jars just like the ones I store my ribbon in, but they will hold all my buttons by color. Below are some close-up pictures.




This is what I have been doing the last few weeks. I think I mentioned that my neighbor who is a drug representative had given me some canisters that he can no longer supply to physician offices. I covered them with ds paper- My Mind's Eye- Out & About Blue Paisley and used MS scallop doily border punch, EK Success Fleur de Lis border punch and nestabilities labels four. As you can see by the labels I store all of my chip board shapes in them. I separated them by glittered and shapes. I printed the words on the computer and then used the nestabilites which made it very easy to center them. I chose not to layer the smaller canister labels with the SU-Baja Breeze card stock for two reasons. One I would have had to layer it on a white layer so it would show up against the printed paper and two, it then became so large that it covered up most of the ds paper and up into the border. The lids are clear acrylic with just the silver metal handle. I just love how they turned out.


Her are the tin pails that I store the chipboard letters in. I had gotten them from Target awhile back in the dollar section. Like everyone else, I love that section and always find some great things to alter or use. I found some light teal clear plastic plates in the end of summer clearance isle at Walmart and although you cant see them, I painted little wooden knobs white and glued them on top in the center of the plate. I wanted something that could keep the dust out, yet was easily accessible. I divided the alphabet up into six sections because that is how many pails I had and the number that would fit on the size of shelf I had. One set of white alphabet stickers did the job, teal rhinestones and a few foam glitter butterfly stickers added some bling. The ribbon was also added for some color. This shelf is very high up and I can just reach the bottom of the pail with my fingertips. That's not saying much since I am only 5'3''. The next picture shows a close-up.



This next picture is of the section to the left of my storage shelves. The cherry cabinet is the one that impressed Elliot so much and stores all my jars and containers of flowers. I stacked some of my Sizzix dies that I use the most on top. The boxes aren't full but one of them holds my Sizzix embossing plates and Sizzlets. You can see my old Sizzix on the table below which I very seldom use any more now that I have a Big Shot. The boxed frames to the left were hand-me-downs. They were worth their weight in gold to me as they can hold quite a bit in such a small area. They fit perfectly behind the door as you come into the room and look- the bottom one is still empty. I'll have to remedy that.



I hope you get some organization tips from my post today. I know how much I enjoy a peak into other stampers rooms. I don't know if I dare show you the other side of the room. It is very well organized and every thing has it's place, but when I looked at the pictures it looks very overwhelming and busy. Maybe I'll post them at a later date.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment