Saturday, October 10, 2009

Through the window, what do I see



I wanted to share with you today the card I made with my Sizzix Movers and Shapers. Not so sure I would spend the money on this product. I got it very cheap so I thought I would give it a try. I have the curly label punch from SU and I think I could make the same card with just that. Unless you want the window in the center of the card any punch around the edge would give you the same result. I did like the perforated line about the label that the Movers and Shapers creates. The window that gets punched out is slightly larger than the curly label punch so it makes a nice layer. Save those scraps.

For my sentiment I used the Word Window punch and the SU "short and sweet" stamp set. I layered it with the new punch from SU called Modern Label. I then added a small pearl at each end. The card stock that I used was SU Ballet Blue and Night of Navy for the accents. The navy flowers were just some satin flowers that I put a center in using the SU Trio Flower punch and a small pearl. The white flowers were punched from an old SU punch called Spring Flower Bouquet but you could easily use any small flower punch. Because the stark white flowers were so prominent I brushed a bit of blue chalk on them to tone them down. I tucked the sprig branches punched from a Martha Stewart punch in among the flowers for more texture. Although I want to show you the detail of the flowers in the closeup, the sticky glue of the embellishments tends to really get enhanced also. Oh well- in life we have to remember to take the bad with the good. The image that I stamped on the inside of the card that shows through the window is from the SU "pocket silhouettes" set.

I am still organizing in my studio. Once I got started I couldn't stop. Elliot was home for a dentist appointment and came into my studio while I was creating. He commented how much he liked the new look. He was really liking the cabinet I put on the wall that holds all of my flower embellishments. He thought it was very cool that you could just see some color through the frosted ribbed glass door. He told me that on his drive from school he was wondering how I manage to come up with so many ideas for cards. See, he does still think of me even when he is away at school. I guess he still loves his old mom. When I hugged him he seemed even taller and of course he said I seemed even shorter. He looked good for being on his own for six weeks. A lot of PB & J he said. I don't know what I was expecting. I guess every mom wants to know that their children still need them but to see he can make it on his own (not financially yet of course) is very gratifying. I guess we did a good job in raising him.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment