Saturday, October 17, 2009

A bit of halloween...

This one is for you Pam!

I was working on these tags at one of our stamp clubs and I was asked what I was going to do with them. I told them that I was going to use them on the front of my Halloween cards. That was a few weeks ago and last night at another stamp club that I belong to with Pam, she asked when I was going to be posting the cards I had made with the tags. So in her anticipation I have decided to post them today. I hope you like them Pam.

I tried to keep the color pallet the same since the tags were all very similar. It also makes for a very nice photo shoot. I decided to set up my shoot with some props that adds a bit more color than just the blank white canvas. All but two of the snickers made it back into the bag. Not bad I say! I made my own canvas out of foam board and paper. You don't see the edge anymore where the back meets the bottom. I got the idea from Gina K Designs Stamp TV. She has an online magazine called Stamping lifestyle.

I think the "spooky" card is my favorite. It was a last minute decision to add the black pearls in the O's to look like eyes and I used the Martha Stewart- Drippy Doo boarder punch. The "Boo" card I used the spiderweb cuttlebug folder and then rubbed my Ranger "black soot" distressed ink pad over the top to make it pop. The letters were cut from my Sizzix script alphabet set. All of the tags were distressed with Ranger vintage photo distressed ink. I don't remember where I got the glitter foam sticker bats from- maybe Walmart. I have them all cut apart and stored in an embellishment container. There were three sizes on one sheet and I would say about 12 -15 of them per package.







Now everyone can run out and buy themselves a snicker bar or two (if they are the snack size) you deserve it. Don't forget to pick up a stamp or embellishment while you are out. I would hate to see anyone waste a trip to the store with out adding to our other addiction- hoarding. You know how it is. We may not use it- but we just have to have it.

My good friend Carol is back in Florida and she said it is so hot that they haven't been able to do much outside. For all us poor northerners, isn't it nice to know at least someone is warm. I expected to see snow flurries when I got up this morning but was happily pleased to see that the weatherman was wrong again. I'm sure it's not far off. Looks like a good day to just spend in my studio.

***Oh by the way, how do you like the NEW LOOK of my blog. I have been playing around editing the HTLM template. I was able to change the colors and the font of Dragonfly Dreams. I couldn't hold my breathe any longer waiting for Elliot. There is a designer that I have contacted that can custom design the look so it is a little fancier. You may see even a bigger change in the next month or so.


Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim



paper: SU- black, dusty durango, marigold morning (old color)
stamps: Inkadinkado-scary night, Sizzic clear stamps- happy halloween by Brenda Pinnick
ink: Ranger distressed- black soot & vintage photo, SU black
punches: Martha Stewart drippy doo boarder, SU- modern label & ticket punch, Sizzix- script
alphabet set, EK Success swirl fourish
tools: Spellbinders- label four nestabilities, Cuttlebug folders- spiderweb, skulls




1 comment:

  1. MOM!
    Why didn't i get one of these cards on halloween!? They look amazing!

    ~Elliot~

    ReplyDelete