Saturday, October 31, 2009

Simply black & white

I absolutely love the JustRite products. The monogram is from one of their DYI kits Times New Roman font with Damask borders. This set has three different borders and 90 pt. font all in capitals. The letters fit in the center of the borders so you don't have to worry about not getting the letters centered. They do have other sets that allow for three initials and you can make the most beautiful gifts with their products. I am expecting an order any day now that has a new font set and circular block that will allow me to create my own sentiments to go around the outside with an image in the center. You may just see some cards with "Merry Christmas from the Chaltry's"

I made 10 of these thank you cards for boss's day a few weeks ago. They looked beautiful in a cellophane bag tied with black satin ribbon. I used the Swiss dot Cuttlebug folder, scallop circle Nestabilities and SU modern label and word window punches. I wanted the design to be simple yet elegant and I love how they turned out.

Elliot is staying at school for Halloween and even though it is just my husband and I, we still decorate the house. This is his favorite holiday and he loves to go all out. He carved the pumpkins last night and I took care of washing the seeds and baking them. It is a nice holiday treat when they come out of the oven all salty and warm. I still have a lot to do to get ready for the little ghosts and goblins that will be showing up soon. We hand out mini individual bags of microwave popcorn that comes in Halloween designed bags. That way if we have leftovers I don't feel so bad eating the popcorn instead of candy bars. We get cases that contain 40- bags from Sam's Club and the kids seem to like them. I'm sure their parents appreciate it just as much.

I spent the morning taking pictures of the birds that came to the crab apple trees just off our deck. I got some great pictures of a male and female cardinal that I will share with you in another post.

Take care and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment