Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's all about lines...

I hope everyone is staying warm. It looks like the upper eastern states are getting snowed in again. Get out the hot chocolate and marshmallows, light a candle, wrap up in a warm blanket and put in a good movie. Boy I must be getting old if that is a perfect evening.

I'm not at my own computer, but lucky for me I had my flash drive with me that had some of my photos on it so I could get something posted. Today's card is all about lines. I used my score-pal for the simple background around the main image from Stampin' Up. I thought it was simple yet elegant and I liked the look of the clean lines. I would have much preferred the look of the scoring from the backside of the white panel because the lines from the score-pal are more crisp and visual, except in order to achieve that look I would have had to turn the image over and score from the back side. That would have been difficult to see where my image was since I didn't want the score lines to run through the image. I also did some scoring at the bottom. The borders are both Martha Stewart punches and the scallop punch already has the double line which carried my theme for me. The newest one is the pansy border- very cute isn't it? This probably isn't the best photo but I was trying to show the shimmer that I had added to the flowers with a bit of stickles. The blue flower is from the ones I had made and posted on a previous post. I had so much fun making them that I decided this is what our project will be at next month's stamping club. I think we will set up four tables and make different flowers at each table. I guess that means I better get started on some different techniques.

I happened to go through a box of my cards and I noticed the different phases my card making has gone through. Do you find yourself doing the same thing? At times all my cards have pretty bows other times it is the border punches (which I have seemed to be stuck on for awhile now). I guess it mainly depends on what new product I have just purchased. I think I need to spice things up now and then. I have some time off and I plan to do some serious stamping so we will see what the creative juices can muster up. Don't forget- you can still get your JustRite stamps over at The Stamp Castle.

Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment