So today I thought I would go green and I got out some of the punches that I don't use too often and decided to create my own embellishments. The flowers on today's card were created with two sizes of punches from The Paper Studio. I used an old dictionary for my paper and punched out two large and one small flower for each one. I will go into more detail how I made them further down in the post.
I am starting to see the new products from CHA in the stores. It's like Christmas all over again. I did a bit of surfing on some blogs while the lucky ones at CHA sent back pictures. You wonder how there can be that many new products coming out each time. I haven't seen the new Tim Holtz's Sizzix dies yet. Hopefully it won't be long. It looks like Tattered Angels had some new bling spray coming out that looks yummy. I can the possibilities for these flowers.
Today's card is using the new DCWV paper Mariposa. This stack of paper is absolutely beautiful. I bought the 8x8 stack so the images are a better size for my cards. Each sheet will give me at least two full pieces for cards. I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim punch for the vertical border. The sentiment is from the Loving Thoughts JustRite set which can be purchased at The Stamp Castle and I layered it on Spellbinders Labels Four Nestabilities. The card stock is SU Baja Breeze as is the ink I used for the sentiment. You will notice that the Mariposa paper has a butterfly in the design. I used one of the new embosslits from the Stampin' Up Jan 5-April 30 mini catalog called Beautiful Wings to punch out a few more butterflies. To give the card an overall antique look I sponged everything with Ranger Distress Antique Linen.
Now onto the instructions for my homemade flowers. The blue and teal ones were sponged with Brillance inks Jade and Sky. I did make some of the flowers with printed card stock but I like the shabby look of the dictionary print. I offset the larger petals to make the flower fuller and more dimensional. After I sponged them I misted them with water to get the edges to curl. Once they dried I glued the layers and added the button to the center.
These orange/copper colored flowers I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- Tiger Lilly. I also misted them with water and when they were dry I sponged on some Gold Brilliance ink. The pink flower was colored with Pink Brilliance and a bit of Gold on the center petal. I haven't decided if I like the look of the white on the underside of the flower or not. I think they look more homemade that way. Well that's it for today. I have to get ready to watch the new commercials and put up with the football in between.
Have fun and enjoy!
Have fun and enjoy!