Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day to all the men out there. Not that any of them are reading my blog, but I thought it would be gesture of kindness none the less. It's the thought that counts-right. These are the Father's Day cards I made this year. I used the new Tim Holtz embossing folder clock parts and some Graphic 45 tags. I colored the brads and dew drops with my Copper Copic marker. I love how you can get coordinating embellishments from a marker. Looove my Copics! A year ago you would have never heard me say that. I dug my heels in and said there was no way I was going to get started on those markers because of the expense and the number of colors they offer. I could see a small (OK large) fortune investing in a new addiction. I finally broke down and the rest is history- all 108 of them. And that is nothing compared to some of the ladies I stamp with.



You can see the embossing a bit better on the image below. I also pulled out my all time favorite Label 4 Spellbinders. The color scheme is pale yellow, black and burnt orange but the yellow sort of faded with the sunlight. You can click on any of the images for a larger view.

Here is another version with the same products. The three tags are actually straight by it looks as if I had a few too many margaritas while making this one. Must be the angle of the camera. Yep definitely the camera angle.



We are planning on a quiet day around the house. It will be gorgeous sitting outside today. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get the thunderstorms that were promised yesterday. I swear- how many jobs could you still keep and be wrong so many times. The weather people have it made. Don't they realize the anticipation they create when they say it is going to rain and the let down when it doesn't. I also have been trying to juggle the sprinkler system around their hit and miss forecasts. Oh well, the sunshine was just as nice, only I have to pay for the watering of the grass and flowers.









I hope you all have a great week. Nothing big planned for my week. Let's hope it stays that way. Cooking out every night and an evening on the patio will suit me just fine at the end of a work day.


Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment