Thursday, June 3, 2010

A bit of distress



No nothing is wrong here on the home front and I have been the picture of health, (unless you saw me trying to walk after spending 3 days bending in the gardens pulling weeds). Sorry for being MIA for so long. The days have just gotten away from me lately. I had promised you pictures of an altered book but I haven't had time to edit the photos. Instead I am sharing with you a very large altered tag measuring 4" x 8.5". I used three different ATC stamps from the Tim Holtz line and some of the new distress colors- wild honey, Victorian velvet, bundled sage and a bit of chipped sapphire. I added some distress stickles here and there for a bit of bling. The grunge board butterfly was painted with worn lipstick distress crackle paint and then I rubbed vintage photo distress ink over it so the cracks were more pronounced. All of the embellishments are from the Tim Holtz line except for the two paper flowers which are Prima.

Mother nature has been helping me quite a bit lately by keeping my new plants well watered. Along with that came some really great thunderstorms. For those of you who know me, you know how much I enjoy a good rumble of thunder and a good bolt of lightening is an added touch. After a weekend of hard labor in my gardens it was very relaxing to sit on the porch and watch the storms roll in. On Sunday I made the mistake of drinking iced tea all afternoon to help with the hot temperatures we had. I woke up at 4 o'clock and was wide awake so I got up and surfed the net for awhile. When I saw that it was getting light enough outside, I headed out to plant some new rose bushes. I had them all in by 6:30 am. It was so peaceful and quiet with just the sound of the chirping birds. Just when I finished- a flock of about 50 geese flew over the house and they were so low that I could hear the flapping of their wings. It was truly a beautiful morning. It is an awesome thing when you can enjoy the simple things in life.

I can't believe all of the new Cuttlebug products that are out on the market right now. I bought the new 5x7 embossing folder called clock works and I used it on my Father's Day cards. It was a perfect fit with the masculine Graphic 45 papers. I really like these larger folders in that they don't leave a blank edge around the outside. Now I just have to figure out how to store them. My other smaller ones are in the pockets and storage case that came out when the Cuttlebug first hit the market. Maybe they will start making larger pockets.

Well I still have plenty to do around the house. I am excited to have my friend Carol home so we can get some serious stamping done together. I have really missed her this winter. I promise I will get the altered book loaded next week.

Have fun and enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment