Saturday, February 19, 2011

For a wonderful couple...

I decided to do an anniversary card in a different fashion and went with the "joy" theme. This was for a wonderful couple who mean the world to me and I cherish their company and our conversations immensely. I think I am the fortunate one not only because of their friendship but because I often take with me their words of wisdom that give my life such comfort. They make the perfect couple and compliment each other wonderfully. What more can you say about a beautiful marriage.




I used "Linen Closet" by DCWV designer paper and chipboard. The white beaded oval is from Spellbinders as is the photo corner. The fancy edge under the large rose ribbon is from EK Success. I found the rose ribbon at JoAnns quite by accident. I was hoping to find it in pink also, but no such luck. I think I might try to spray it different colors with some of my spray dyes.

I have been busy today with a bathroom update project. Not a very big one, but one that will make a big impact. I have three mirrors in my master bath that are each 42"x36" and they are just plain mirrors. Three years ago we painted, put in granite counters, new under mount sinks and new faucets. The mirrors just needed a finished look so my DH and I made a trip to Lowe's and picked up some nice 3" trim and rosette blocks. He cut the trim and gave everything a first coat of black paint. Tomorrow a second coat of paint and if everything is dry, we can put the trim on tomorrow night. I will post some before and after photos next week.

DH says I watch way too much HGTV because I come up with all kinds of ideas for home improvement and design changes. He is a really good sport about it and willingly plays along with with my insanity. Thankfully I have a full time job to keep me busy or I would be changing things all the time around here and we would certainly be broke. Aside from all that, the other project that I have swirling around in my head is to paint and glaze my kitchen cabinets. Right now they are maple frost and to me they have a hint of pink to them; something I have always disliked since we first move in 5 years ago. They are beautiful raised panel wood cabinets and I know several of you are thinking I am crazy to want to paint them, but I want cream with the brown glaze in the cracks. It would cost me a fortune to replace them and there is already granite on the counters so I am sort of stuck with them. I would like to find someone who paints cabinets to give me a quote. I have been researching on doing them myself but there are a lot of cabinets and I am afraid that 1). I will get halfway into the project and find I am in over my head and/or 2). I will not do a professional looking job and the cabinets will look horrible. In that case I would be better off not having touched them. If anyone has any words of wisdom or knows of anyone in the northern Detroit area who refinishes cabinets- shoot me an email.

On another note, I am not looking forward to tomorrow's weather. We had a few days in the low 50's this past week which melted the 2 feet of snow we received the week before, and now we are under winter storm warnings again. Freezing rain and up to 6 or 8 inches of snow into Monday morning. Oh how I envy my friends in Florida. Carol please mix up a batch of margaritas and I will be there in a flash to keep you company by the pool.

~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment